Not A Coin
####Logo Analysis - NEXT
- $100,000 (1986), today’s dollars over $250,000
- Came with a 100 page brochure. Here are 10 of those.
- “I asked him if he would come up with a few options, and he said, ‘No, I will solve your problem for you and you will pay me. You don’t have to use the solution. If you want options go talk to other people.’”
- Word broken down in two to “startles viewer” and “gives the word a new look”
- At an angle of 28 degrees, it represents informality, friendliness - competing with IBM, (Microsoft (suits) and Apple (taken over by suits)
- The small “e” in the logo is meant to be detached from the word “NEXT” and invoke different meanings like e = mc2, education (NeXT was selling computers specifically for education sector in universities), excellence, excitement, exceptional etc.